Spud Raider

Do you have this ZeroGuardian? (Elite Dangerous)

Postby Ronin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Not sure if you saw this announcement about Elite Dangerous getting a VR mode for HTC Vive & SteamVR later this year.

http://www.pcgamer.com/elite-dangerous- ... this-year/

ZeroGuardian is our resident Elite Dangerous expert so I thought I'd ask him what he thinks.
After seeing and hearing about the amazing rigs that many people have on these forums; it seems rather silly for me to the specs of my very modest gaming PC. It works and that's good enough for me.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Re: Do you have this ZeroGuardian? (Elite Dangerous)

Postby ZeroGuardian » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:35 am

Yeah, Elite Dangerous has actually had Oculus Rift support for quite some time now. So this is just them extending support to the other VR helmet options that are coming out. Which is great.

I'm still planning on getting an Oculus Rift once the full fledged consumer version is released. Can't wait to play Elite Dangerous with it!
If you make it idiot proof, they will just make a better idiot.

Spud Raider

Re: Do you have this ZeroGuardian? (Elite Dangerous)

Postby Ronin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:14 pm

It looks amazing. Hopefully you'll have that setup for the next Tater Smash weekend. I'd love to see it.
After seeing and hearing about the amazing rigs that many people have on these forums; it seems rather silly for me to the specs of my very modest gaming PC. It works and that's good enough for me.

Return to Hardware