Spud Raider

New Windows 10 install (finally!)

Postby Ronin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:58 am

Special thanks to Smitty for giving me some great tech support today so I could both recover my son's Windows 10 install that I goofed up and I got my own up and running. I am pretty psyched but the worst part is reinstalling everything. So I'll need help with my Mumble settings if anyone wants to PM me. Also thanks to Zero for solving my printer driver issue and for Ellsworth's relentless endorsement of the platform.

I have a big box ( it used to be a bar back in the 1970's) with a bunch of computer stuff and I went through it tonight and tossed my old Windows discs and some other crap that has been gathering dust. Pretty much everything is available on the Internet so there's no reason to keep it around. I can't wait to get it running just the way I like. It won't make me a better gamer but at least I'll feel good watching this amazing tech creating worlds for me.
After seeing and hearing about the amazing rigs that many people have on these forums; it seems rather silly for me to the specs of my very modest gaming PC. It works and that's good enough for me.

Return to Software / Applications