Flyby Spud

Firefox Forgets Most Recent Save Location

Postby Egg » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:05 pm

It seems that with every new version of Firefox, there's yet another obnoxious change, and no improvements. AdBlock and NoScript are the only reasons I haven't switched to something else, but I digress...

My largest current annoyance is that Firefox forgets the most recent save location each time the browser is closed. This means that each time Firefox is re-launched, everything reverts back to "User\Downloads", and I have to re-navigate through folders. I don't remember it being a problem in the past. Anyone know where the setting for this might be?

Spud Raider

Re: Firefox Forgets Most Recent Save Location

Postby Synchronicity » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 am

Both Adblock and NoScript are on Chrome. I think the only thing I miss from Firefox is DownThemAll, but otherwise good riddance to that browser.

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Hmm.... last time I looked, I couldn't find NoScript for Chrome. If it's available for Chrome now, I'd consider switching for home use. I don't think I could switch at work though, because I also use DownThemAll quite extensively.

Flyby Spud

Postby One Fan To Another » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 am

I used Firefox for years, then not that long ago switched to Chrome. But, then Chrome started crashing CONSTANTLY!!!! Like, multiple times a day. Even with fresh installs and new versions. I kept getting Flash/shockwave crashes. I Google'd the hell out of the problems but nothing worked. It was like my computer just refused to allow Chrome to not suck ma' balls (even though the browser was always really fast). I then went back to Firefox and everything has been fine. I'd totally use Chrome if it were 100% stable. Then again Google's tracking of your info with every thing they make creeps me out. Why do you need my f**king phone number, Google? Hu?! WHY?! F**k you, how about that?

Going completely off topic: Do you guys know how to make FireFox's address bar act like Chromes? I like that Chrome just had the one box going all the way across the top where you could either use an http address or simply type anything into for a normal Google search. With FireFox they still have the ole double bar setup with the search bar being to the right of the address bar. Why have two bars? I don't get that.

Spud Raider

Postby Synchronicity » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:49 am

I had the same issue but it was always limited to opening up multiple YouTube tabs. I then upgraded to the beta versions of Chrome and it's been smooth sailing.

And that's always bothered me about Firefox. The whole interface is just plain old. I don't think there's anything you can do to the browser itself but there are several derivatives that build on the Firefox client that you can download. I have no experience with any of them.

And Google has your info no matter what. :crazy:

Return to Software / Applications