Flyby Spud

Past Regulars

Postby Egg » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Over the years FS had several very active regulars fall off the map. We've done a great job getting all the current regulars migrated over, but I'm curious to know if anyone still keeps in contact with past regulars. Here's a real quick list of people who had well over 1k posts. I'm sure I missed a few.

AcydRaine
AMDnewbie2005
Bowhunters
Chemgeek
Corran
cyberathlete
doomtrooper
Gh3tTo5oLdIeR
kenny_dope
Kessandra
Lenin22
powwow71
pweber5
qmakowski
ripfire
sk8wnec
squeegie
stalker_loner
stuffedewok19
suicideinvoice
Supercharge
The Dome
Trogdor

For whatever reason these folks left, but maybe they'd be interested in stopping in to a new user-run forum.

Spud Raider

Re: Past Regulars

Postby Synchronicity » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:03 am

I know cyberathlete dropped in recently over IL-2 Sturmovik and stalker_loner was interested in coming back for good.

Flyby Spud

Postby jwhx » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Damn, Egg. Did you just pull all that out of memory? It would be awesome to see them again.

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am

^ A portion of it, yeah. To be honest, I didn't talk much with people outside of the boards, so I was hoping the rest of you maintained some connections. I know Trogdor works at a popular tech site, so he can be reached. Other than that.....I might have a couple old email addresses from buying/selling stuff.

Flyby Spud

Postby grey_area » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 am

I remember Kess saying she was moving on and had no real plans to return. Seems she made good there, unless she is back under a different guise.

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 pm

I was hoping for a larger response on this topic. Those were some major contributors I listed. Anyhow, I'm going to send emails to the few addresses I have, as well as Trogdor through his place of work. I urge others to contact any other past regulars they remained in contact with.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Got your PM, Egg. Looks like the addresses on each member's public stats page is what we'll be limited to. No way to know if they're current. I can create am email with SP graphics and send it out to each one. Well, maybe not all of them. : )

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 am

Any luck Fish?

Flyby Spud

Postby Natedog » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:29 am

I see Trogdor on Steam every now and then I'll PM him sometime when he's on and let him know about this place.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:35 pm

I've sent emails to 31 addresses. I included each one from your list and several more. Only 9 of them were returned, so hopefully we'll see some familiar faces (or user names) drop in soon. Thanks for suggesting that Egg!

Tater Tot

Postby saipan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:31 pm

cyberathlete--->saipan :)
|CM HAFX| i5 3570k | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA 570 HD | OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb SSD-OS | 1TB WD Black HDD | Creative SB Recon | Antec 850 W HCP | Creative G500 5.1 |

Spud Runner

Postby jacobvandy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:51 am

I saw sk8wnec posted on the FS forums wondering what's going on... Did you make it clear we have new forums in that email, Fish? Haha.

In other news, Sqitso is still talking to himself over there.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

jacobvandy wrote:I saw sk8wnec posted on the FS forums wondering what's going on... Did you make it clear we have new forums in that email, Fish? Haha.

In other news, Sqitso is still talking to himself over there.

I did indeed.

Flyby Spud

Postby SuperCharge » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm here and alive.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 am

Great to have you back with us!!!!

Flyby Spud

Postby SuperCharge » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:42 am

AcydRaine - I miss this guy.
AMDnewbie2005 - He never really was actively around. We kind of counted on him showing up randomly. But now he doesn't even do that. Maybe he's busy with college or something.
Bowhunters - I think members chased him away or something, but I won't go there.
Chemgeek - No idea.
Corran - I have a feeling we will see him again.
cyberathlete - If we ever see Chemgeek, we can ask what happened to him.
doomtrooper - No idea.
Gh3tTo5oLdIeR - I wish he was back. I could ask him if he has Street Fighters x Tekken.
kenny_dope - He hasn't been on much for awhile, but maybe we will see him some day.
Kessandra - I didn't actually hear her saying she was leaving. But seeing as that she hasn't been back, she seems to be a woman of her word.
Lenin22 - No idea.
powwow71 - He mentioned ahead of time that he was tired of the forums. But hopefully he will find his way here, to the afterlife.
pweber5 - No idea.
qmakowski - No idea.
ripfire - Barely posted here in my time here.
sk8wnec - No idea. He should be here though?
squeegie - No idea.
stalker_loner - I'm not allowed to complain about members according to the rules, but without complaining, I will say there would probably be more drama with him here, between me and him. I think he's trying to move on with his life though.
stuffedewok19 - No idea.
suicideinvoice - He mostly stuck around for like one-two threads in my time here.
Supercharge - No idea. Who needs him?
The Dome - He was barely around in my time here. He may come back at any time.
Trogdor - No idea. But there is a way of telling if he's still kicking. It's checking Anandtech for whether he's still posting articles. Assuming you know his name, which I'm not telling.

Also:

No Dice
peatree
Has anyone seen astriir1?

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

To come clean, I purposely did not send Bowhunters an email. And yes, I chased him away - and for a good reason.

Squeegie's within earshot - I see him sign on XBL from time to time.

PowWow's added some fairly recent shots to his Flickr account, but I'm not sure if there any links to contact him.

Trogdor got married off and, if I'm not mistaken, ended his invovement w/ Anand some time after.

Kessandra was never who she claimed to be. I know that much. The 'devastation' provided a quick exit when the cover was blown.

AcydRaine is my younger brother. Just kidding. : )

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:34 pm

FiSH wrote:To come clean, I purposely did not send Bowhunters an email. And yes, I chased him away - and for a good reason.

Squeegie's within earshot - I see him sign on XBL from time to time.

PowWow's added some fairly recent shots to his Flickr account, but I'm not sure if there any links to contact him.

Trogdor got married off and, if I'm not mistaken, ended his invovement w/ Anand some time after.

Kessandra was never who she claimed to be. I know that much. The 'devastation' provided a quick exit when the cover was blown.

AcydRaine is my younger brother. Just kidding. : )

I know Trogdor is still around, cause he wrote a guide just 6 days ago. I think things got too slow around FS to hold his interest. I never did catch exactly what went on with Bowhunters, but that's probably because I avoid threads with alot of bickering. The bit about Kessandra is interesting, but not at all surprising.

Flyby Spud

Postby jwhx » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 am

What is it you know about Kessandra? I'm now incredibly curious. Also....no emails to Millerboy? :D

Spud Runner

Postby jacobvandy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 pm

I thought it was obvious; she's a 300-pound, basement-dwelling, pizza-faced DUDE who likes to put on his mom's underwear. It's the logical explanation for a classic case of girl-on-the-internet.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 pm

^ You're not far off base. :P

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby FiSH » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 pm

jwhx wrote:What is it you know about Kessandra? I'm now incredibly curious.

I am too really. I was contacted by an individual who claimed that images being used were of her and that it was known who was behind the Kessandra persona (a guy) based on the posts made. Frankly though, I felt that it was indeed Kessandra coming up with all of this in an attempt to somehow erase her existence. It was screwy.

Flyby Spud

Postby gregorov_14 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Weird. I thought people played WoW with "her" too. There seems to be a lot of cover-up including living in Bahrain and Canada (unless of course said person did actually do that). Now I feel compelled to do research, but that probably won't go very far.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 pm

On a gaming forum it's generally going to be the 300lb guy in the basement. In other places, you often get a fat nasty chick posting pictures of a much more attractive female so she can fantasize and lap-up the attention. Either way, I don't care who/what people look like on here. I just come to shoot the shit and talk games/computers. Nobody should be trying to find a date. :crazy:

Spud Raider

Postby Synchronicity » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I regret not signing up sooner. I mostly lurked and all I remember about him/her was a tragedy of some sort.

Space Fry

Postby werepossum » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am

Egg wrote:On a gaming forum it's generally going to be the 300lb guy in the basement. In other places, you often get a fat nasty chick posting pictures of a much more attractive female so she can fantasize and lap-up the attention. Either way, I don't care who/what people look like on here. I just come to shoot the shit and talk games/computers. Nobody should be trying to find a date. :crazy:

This. Welcome to the Internet, where boys are men, girls are men, and underage girls are the FBI unless conclusively proven otherwise.

Hey, at least he used an attractive picture. And now I can feel better - that whole losing-your-fiance thing really got to me.

Full disclosure - I'm actually a fat nasty chick. The gray beard however is real.

Tater Tot

Postby FS-Stathi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:13 pm

Sad my name was never on that list of old regulars....

Return to Feedback