Flyby Spud

Skype group?

Postby SuperCharge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm a little lost on what to do to be a part of this group. On Firingsquad, it had a (usually) booming forum and most communication occured on the forum or in PMs. These days, all there is is game night. Which only works for me if I have a Windows PC. There should be a chatroom or something where everyone interested can talk. I suggest a Skype group or something.

I want to be a greater part of this forum. No, I don't want to be an admin or work behind the scenes, there are better people for that. I just mean in terms of communication.

So to be bluntly, slap you over the head blunt, I feel ignored. Whenever I felt that way on the Firingsquad forum, I would usually just take a 6 month hiatus.

Flyby Spud

Re: Skype group?

Postby SuperCharge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Excuse me if I'm talking crazy. I'm buzzed (half-drunk) and will be the remainder of the time I'm staying with my mom.

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Re: Skype group?

Postby Ellsworth » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:07 am

SuperCharge wrote:Excuse me if I'm talking crazy. I'm buzzed (half-drunk)...

That's never a problem here. :))

SuperCharge wrote:I'm a little lost on what to do to be a part of this group. On Firingsquad, it had a (usually) booming forum and most communication occurred on the forum or in PMs. These days, all there is is game night.

While some Firing Squad members made the move with us to Space Potatoes, most of them did not. Currently, we have 125 members, and a very small percentage of them are active on the forums. There isn't anything we can do about that. We can provide the forums through which members can communicate, but it's up to them if they want to use them or not.

Rather than use Skype, we use Mumble. See the Game Night Info thread for the Space Potatoes Mumble server info. The Mumble server is available 24/7, so everyone can use to it game together or just talk if they like.

Game Night remains popular because some of us spuds really enjoy playing video games together. If you're not able to join us because you don't have a PC, you're more than welcome to hop on the Mumble server during Game Night (or any other time) and chat with us. Some of us do that often. Some games are scheduled that not everyone owns, but some of us like to chat with the folks playing anyway.

Return to Feedback