Spud Raider
Site Admin

Re: Tweaks / Suggestions

Postby ZeroGuardian » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Latest Round of Tweaks:

1. Disabled all the drop down lists on the navigation buttons except for "Home". These were redundant.
2. New Posting UI along with a variety of tweaks to improve its look and remove unneeded extras.
3. Video posts through the new Posting UI no longer show "Posted from [insert video site here]". It just wasn't needed.
4. Fixed the Tips display on the new Posting UI, the border was distracting and the text was too large.
5. Adjusted the dimensions on the Topics, Posts, and last post by so that it wouldn't expand when users with long names posted.
6. Fixed the drop downs so they no longer have invisible text to start with.

Still in the works:

1. Additional performance improvements by adjusting the graphics.
2. Fix the last few remaining text/color issues throughout the site.
3. Looking into additional modifications to increase features on the forums.
4. Begin work on the main page. (Long Term Project)

Please let us know if you see anything that feels out of place or would improve functionality. We want this to be a user friendly and functional forum. But just keep in mind that we don't have total control over the functionality, some things we just simply can't do.

Hope all the new features are working well for everyone!

-ZeroGuardian
If you make it idiot proof, they will just make a better idiot.

Spud Runner

Postby jacobvandy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm

So now that we're actually getting enough topics in the Games forum that I felt I should use Search to make sure we didn't already have a thread for something, I noticed that the text in the search box is completely invisible when you're typing. Which is odd because there is the default grey string that can be seen just fine.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby ZeroGuardian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks jacob! It has been fixed.
If you make it idiot proof, they will just make a better idiot.

Space Fry

Postby Splice » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 am

Feel free to disregard this, but I have to throw it out there:

The game night characters not being in chronological order with the actual game nights bugs me.

I'm sure they get put together in whatever way looks best for the composite image, it's just one of those things I get a little OCD-ish about and it sticks out to me. It's like movie posters where the actors' names are in a different order than their pictures, it's just strange looking (if you didn't know about that one, check it out sometime. Posters with three people are the worst offenders usually, the star actor gets prime placement in the picture (center), but also their name gets first billing (left). Now you'll never un-see it, ha ha ha ha!)

Tater Tot

Postby Transco901 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 am

Kudos on the look and feel. Very nice work.

If you guys ever need devo help, lemme know. I don't do PHP, but if you have javascript/jQuery/HTML/CSS needs, I've got prof experience there.

Buena Suerte!

Tater Tot

Postby Transco901 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 am

FYI, my status is 'Tator Tot'.. come on, can you upgrade a brutha? I ended at FiringSquad as a PathFinder. Gotta start over?

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Postby Ellsworth » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 am

^ Yep. We all started over as Tater Tots. :)

Flyby Spud

Postby Egg » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

We still need an indicator next to threads where the user has posted. I find myself forgetting half the time, and then I'm not responding to replies.

Flyby Spud

Postby One Fan To Another » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 am

Are the tweaks of: 1)Threads you've posted in indicator & 2)Shorten join date information going to be addressed? While "2)" isn't that big of a deal "1)" certainly is.

I know that this will never happen but one thing I'd like to see is the green color shades on the site be more like brown shades. If there were more '70's brown shades over this current weird off-green color I think it would not only jive better with the orange and beige texts/images but it would give the site an even more retro feel. And, retro is really "in" right now. I feel like the green doesn't have enough flare to it. It just isn't attractive.

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Postby Ellsworth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 am

^
1) It'll happen sooner or later. Everyone has been very busy. We haven't forgotten about it.
2) It can't be done. I guess we're stuck with the time on the join date.
3)
I feel like the green doesn't have enough flare to it. It just isn't attractive.

Says you. The colors were Fish's idea, and we like em. They're here to stay, or until Fish comes up with a different design. He wants to switch it up every once and a while, but don't look for any design changes any time soon.

Flyby Spud

Postby One Fan To Another » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

I may have to take back what I said about the green color scheme. Today, for the first time I logged onto here with my laptop and the color was different! Either the laptop's screen is not calibrated properly or my desktop's CRT has gotten old enough to no longer be representing colors properly. The "green" of this site looks like a strange matte snot color, on my CRT, while the "green" looks more caribbean-water-turquoise-y color on the laptop.

Previous

Return to Feedback