Spud Raider
Site Admin

I've had an Interesting Weekend

Postby ZeroGuardian » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:06 pm

So I'll start with the bad news so I can finish with the good.

So Friday evening I went to go visit my dad in the hospital (planned procedure on his heart, so wasn't anything unexpected), to see how he was doing after his procedure. And some asshole in a tiny red pickup truck wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of me. Thankfully I was fine.. but my car not so much:

And of course, the pickup truck was mostly fine, so what did they do? Ran the hell off. So yeah, now I get to claim a repair on insurance a month and a half before I get my new car. (Can anyone say rate hike?)...

Anyways, so that will explain why I wasn't around for Game Night Friday Night. I was dealing with all that bullshit.

Now, onto the good news, I finally go around to getting my Obutto Revolution Gaming Cockpit! :D

This thing is awesome, fully adjustable and articulating keyboard tray, table tops, sliding seat, racing pedal mount, steering wheel mount, joystick mounts, 5.1 surround sound. Its just freakin' awesome! Grabbed a shot of it tonight during one of my gaming sessions:

So thankfully this is keeping my mind off the car at least. And let me just say, Project Cars and Elite Dangerous with the Oculus Rift in this gaming cockpit makes for the most realistic VR experience. Only thing that would make it more realistic is hydraulics causing it to move about. :P
If you make it idiot proof, they will just make a better idiot.

Spud Raider

Re: I've had an Interesting Weekend

Postby Synchronicity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Hooooooly fuck that set up is my literal dream. Sweet jesus how much did that set you back?

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby ZeroGuardian » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:18 pm

The cockpit setup itself isn't too bad. You can pick it up from Main Performance PC here:

https://www.mainperformancepc.com/produ ... g-cockpit/

I also got the adjustable table tops, flight stick mounts, and the 5.1 speaker mounts. All told with shipping it was around $1300 ($300 of which was shipping since its big, bulky, and heavy).
If you make it idiot proof, they will just make a better idiot.

Spud Runner

Postby jacobvandy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Well, shit, lol. I wonder if the cheaper model would cost that much to ship... It's only $400 itself, so it might be damn near doubled when all's said and done! :shock:

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Postby Ellsworth » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Holy balls! That's kickass! :crazy: I mean the gaming setup, not the jacked up Hyundai. Have fun!

A car accident is no excuse for missing Game Night. :P

Return to Off-Topic