Spud Raider

Wanted: video card

Postby Ronin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:10 pm

My youngest son is running Windows 7 32bit on a PC with an E6750 core 2 duo on an ASUS P5N SLI board & 4GB RAM & a 512MB 8800GT graphics card. (I bump my PCs down the line to my kids as I upgrade, it's the only thing as a parent that I ever do for myself)

I am hoping to upgrade his old graphics card with anything even slightly newer. He mostly plays Garry's mod, Minecraft & Kerbal Space Program although I did buy him one of the Sim Cities over Christmas during a STEAM sale.

I am EXTREMELY limited for funds though as I am still only working 4 hours a day as I recover from my surgical 'event' in October but if you have a either another 8800GT so I could try SLI, or a better AGP card I would be most grateful. Thanks!
After seeing and hearing about the amazing rigs that many people have on these forums; it seems rather silly for me to the specs of my very modest gaming PC. It works and that's good enough for me.

Flyby Spud

Re: Wanted: video card

Postby Egg » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Ronin wrote:but if you have a either another 8800GT so I could try SLI, or a better AGP card I would be most grateful. Thanks!
AGP? Easy on those meds there Ronin ;)

Anyhow, I have a Sapphire 5750 1GB that I'd probably let go for like $30 shipped. You can see how they compare here. Not a tremendous upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless. It's been sitting in the closet for a number of years now, so I'll warranty it for the purchase price if you have any problems.

Flyby Spud

Postby jwhx » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I might have a 6870 (card is freakin' huge so it might not fit in some cases) for sale soon but it's PCIe and not AGP. I'm sure AGP stuff is hard to get a hold of now-a-days.

Wait....does that motherboard have AGP slots? I ask because it seems that it isn't old enough for that.

Spud Raider
Site Admin

Postby ZeroGuardian » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm

No Its PCIe, As Egg said, Ronin needs to take it easy on the meds. :P
If you make it idiot proof, they will just make a better idiot.

Spud Raider

Postby Ronin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Man I have been out of it. I have the flu now so I'm really wiped. So the P5N board is PCI-e not AGP? I could have sworn the 8800Gt was AGP but It's been so long since I messed with it I must have forgotten. I forgot my wife's birthday is coming up fast so disposable income has to go to that right now but I know a video card upgrade would really be great for him.
After seeing and hearing about the amazing rigs that many people have on these forums; it seems rather silly for me to the specs of my very modest gaming PC. It works and that's good enough for me.

Tater Tot

Postby ExcaliburXVII » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:33 pm

I might have a GTX 480 for sale, would you possibly be interested in that?

Return to For Sale / Wanted