Spud Runner
Site Admin

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

Postby Ellsworth » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Zero has it. Vandy is getting it. I'm downloading it now. Anyone else?

Steam Summer Picnic Sale: $20

Spud Raider

Re: Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

Postby Synchronicity » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:17 pm

I picked it up earlier and just started! Pretty fun and I should have more time now that I've officially graduated from college woo

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Postby Ellsworth » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Cool!

Congrats, Sync! Feels pretty damn good, eh?

Spud Raider

Postby Synchronicity » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:19 am

More just a sense of relief at having survived than anything :shock:

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Postby Ellsworth » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:56 am

^ That should still feel pretty damn good.

Spud Runner

Postby jacobvandy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:36 am

Here's a tip: all the mounts in the game are identical in terms of their utility. You can upgrade your riding skill to make them faster, etc., but the differences on the mounts themselves are only cosmetic.

I got the 10,000g horse a few days ago, but tonight I finally saved up enough gold for one of the ~43k horses and thank jeebus I did some research first on what the differences were... They're still priced based on their obsolete status as superior mounts! They used to have different stats and you could upgrade individual horses and all that, but they streamlined it when the game went B2P I guess. So the only thing I would gain by spending all that gold is a different skin...

So yeah, don't make the mistake I almost did. The more expensive horses are not faster, do not have more stamina, and won't increase your carry load. You do that by improving your riding skills, paying 250g once a day at a stablemaster to slightly increase one of the stats. Or if you don't want to take several months to max those out, I believe there is a mount upgrade pack you can buy for real money.

Spud Runner

Postby jacobvandy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 pm

That massively overhauling update we heard about before has been released! The main feature of "One Tamriel" is that all content is dynamically scaled to you (or the other way around), so you can go anywhere and do anything as soon as you are out of the tutorial. You still level up and collect loot that is more powerful the higher level you are, but level differences are largely eliminated by the scaling so that anyone can group up and do things together. It no longer matters that I've played way more than you guys! Or at least not as much. :P

They've also removed alliance restrictions in PVE content (be any race you want), redesigned a previously end-game group-centric area to be playable solo or with fewer players, and rebalanced all dungeons to have normal and veteran difficulties. Item sets have been made to be more abundant in both the variety available and the ease of attaining them, and they will scale to your level. Dark Anchor events have been spiced up, open world bosses are more difficult (I used to be able to solo most of them, now they actually need a group), and supposedly all harvest nodes will scale to your level and/or crafting rank.

Other additions include dueling, new ultimate skills for each weapon, and an increase to the Champion Point rank cap (the leveling you do after you reach max level). See here for all the details: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/e ... ne-tamriel

Time to reinstall! :))

Spud Runner
Site Admin

Postby Ellsworth » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:52 pm

^ Good stuff.

Return to Games